Melbourne Carpet Restretching Service
Got waves or ripples in the carpet? Loose carpet causing tripping hazard? Call us today to get a free quote as we are the best in this business. Getting bubbles out of your carpet requires extreme care and here at PMC we got the skills and moreover the passion for what we do.
Carpet stretching is used for loose and wrinkled carpets. Like a face lift, carpet stretching makes carpets tights again. It prolongs the carpet’s life by eliminating wrinkles, which can cause the carpets to wear more quickly from the constant back and forth bending that occurs when the carpets are stepped on. It also reduces the danger of tripping on the loose material. The most common reasons for loose and buckled carpets are poor original carpet installation, improper tack strips installed, prolonged damp carpets and high traffic in certain areas. Our carpet installers can provide a solution by pulling up the carpets in designated areas and perform carpet stretching with special tools that create a flat and tight result so that the wrinkles never appear again.
Things to know before getting your carpet restretched
- Cost of the job will significantly reduce if you can remove all the furniture before you hire us to get the restreching done.
- For senior citizens we offer assistance in furniture shifting during this process at NO EXTRA COST.
- 99% of the bubbles can be eliminated in all cases. In some areas we cant stretch the carpet if there is a heating duct vent in your floor. What happens is as we stretch the carpet near the vent it will cause the cut out in the carpet to shift ahead of its original space leaving a gap behind. This happens only if the bubbles were ignored for years and now the carpet has become too loose. But at PMC we carefully work around such areas to get most of the bubbles out while keeping cut outs for vents intact.
- If the carpet has been separated from its backing we cannot restretch it we can offer carpet repairs in such areas.
- Areas connected to hallways and rooms are dealt with utmost care because when we stretch the carpet in such areas it may move away from doorway corners. In this situation we may have to cut open the carpet in doorways and then re-join it carefully to leave invisible seem.